Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Surgery is Tomorrow

I don't have Internet access for my laptop, so I am doing this from a small computer center the hospital has set up for families. My time is limited, so I must be brief.

Our son has been admitted to the OU Medical Center Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City. Since we arrived we have learned the following:

  • The doctors in Tulsa had told us there was a 50/50% chance that something significant would go wrong. After examining him, and his blood vessels in particular, the operating surgeon said he considered his chances of having no significant issues to be closer to 85%.

  • The surgery will be tomorrow (Monday) morning at 7:30AM. It probably won't be complete until at least 1PM.

  • After the surgery, our son will be here until they feel he is strong enough to release him - probably three weeks.


His mother and I are staying at the Ronald McDonald house here in OKC. The staff there is incredible. What a ministry.

God is good and has provided step-by-step help for my wife and I in ways we did not at all expect. Please keep praying as our son will be the second smallest baby this doctor has ever performed this surgery on and the risks are still substantial. (There are only a handful of doctors in the world who do this procedure.)

I will post an update as soon as I am able tomorrow afternoon.

Originally posted at: http://meanderingaphorisms.blogspot.com/

No comments: