Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Today’s Update

Mom: Is healing so quickly that she doesn’t even need her prescription pain medication any more. Her blood pressure had stabilized and the only other medication she’s needing is some ibuprofen.

Son: Is growing stronger every day. The only update on his physical condition is that they have started giving him a small amount of breast milk every three hours through a feeding tube. My wife got to hold him for over an hour today; it noticeably calmed him and he slept deeply.

It is very difficult to see your son in the ICU. It’s even more difficult to leave him when the time comes each day. The most difficult thing is to think that every day brings us closer to the day when he will be having the surgery - and potentially major complications. Lord-willing, that surgery will solve the problem and we can bring our baby home.

My natural tendency is to get mad and question God. I do ask why, but I know the will of God is that we grow and He be glorified through this situation. I can’t explain the peace my wife and I feel to anyone who doesn’t know Christ. That doesn’t mean that any of this is easy, or that we don’t sometimes fall apart, but God is sovereign, God is good, and God is faithful. In time, this whole situation will work for our good and His glory.

God listens to His saints, so please keep us in your prayers.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2Corinthians 12:9

Originally posted at: http://meanderingaphorisms.blogspot.com/

No comments: